Green is Gold
The Green is Gold campaign is a campus-wide initiative to save energy and reduce energy costs. Teammates from a location on campus (e.g., a department) work together to implement energy saving measures in their building.
The campaign will be divided into monthly challenges. Teams will be encouraged to focus on a particular area of resource conservation each month. The goal of the monthly format is to make Green is Gold easier for all staff members to participate by making the challenges more manageable. If you’d like to participate, you can register your team online and fill out the online score sheet. The Excel score sheet is still available as well.
Rewards for conservation efforts
Green is Gold map of teams
Green is Gold Team Map
(as of 9/18/09)
Teams will be named on the Green is Gold website for participating.
A monthly winner will be named for earning the most points in each month’s category. Monthly winners will receive a prize related to that month's challenge.
Points should be earned for new initiatives only; if you have been practicing an action on the score sheet in the past, or have already counted points for an item in a past Green is Gold competition, we challenge you to only count points for new actions.
Teams with 125 points will be awarded Green is Gold certification.
The next award recognition will take place during the Earth Day Celebration on April 20, 2011.
Visit this facilties web site to find out your building's current energy use. And join the Green is Gold listserv and share your tips for conservation or ask others how they handled conservation issues in their corner of campus. (Select "GREENISGOLD" from the list and enter your contact info.)
Team name, Department, Location on campus
- Aylesworthy, Office of Public Affairs, Aylesworth
- Towers Tag Team, Housing and Dining Services, Durrell custodial office
- Green PoweR, Dept. of Public Relations, Administration Bldg.
- STEPP, School of Education, ED Building
- The Jolly Green Grad Group, Graduate School, Student Services
- Ram Aquatics, Athletics, Moby Arena Pool
- Institute for the Built Environment, College of Health and Human Sciences, Spruce Hall
- Political Science, Clark Building
- Oprea, Mathematics, Weber
- PMF, Proteomics and Metabolomics Facility, Microbiology C wing
- Foreign Language Instructors and staff, FLL 774, C Clark
- Knaus, History, Clark Building
- The Masterminds, Housing and Dining Services, Palmer Center
- District Energy, Facilities Management, Heating Plant
- Warner College Student Services, WCNR Dean's office, NR107
- G-Force, Greek Life Office, Lory Student Center Rm. 176
- Conference Services Center, OCS, Shields
- Rams Kitchen, Housing and Dining Services, Ram's Horn
- Braiden Bunch, Dining Services, Braiden kitchen
- Corbetttairs, Housing and Dining Services, Corbett
- As The World Turns, Apartment Life, Palmer 208
- Big Chispas, Housing and Dining Services, Palmer Center
- Kitchen Kings, Housing and Dining Services, Durrell Center
- The Over-The-Hill-Gang, Projects-HSC, HSC
- We Deliver, Operations Management, HSC
- Lockshop, Housing and Dining Services, Ops
- CSUPD, CSUPD, Green Hall
- El Centro, Lory Student Center
- BioMARC, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Stalwart Green Team, Athletics, McGraw Athletics Center
- Clear Cut, Colorado State Forest Service, Salida District, Salida CO
- Dean's Team, College of Health and Human Sciences, Gibbons
- Denver Green Team, Alumni/PR, Denver Center, 14th Floors
- Asian/Pacific American Cultural Center, Lory Student Center
- Live Green Community, Warner College of Natural Resources
- Edwards Hall, Residence Life
- AAC, Academic Advancement Center, Gibbons Bldg.
- Westfall Office Watts, Residence Life, Westfall Front Office
- RICRO, Research Integrity and Compliance Review Office
- SOE EARTHSAVERS, School of Education, Education Buildling
- Centennial Greens, Registrar & Student Financial Services, Centennial Hall
- Amy's Avengers, Vice President for University Operations, Administration Building
- LSC Marketing, Lory Student Center
- Ammonsonians, Admissions, Ammons Hall
- Allie Cats, Housing and Dining Services, Allison Hall Environmental Services
- Kill-A-Watt Fac Pack, Facilities, Facilities Services North
- Wizards of OM, Housing and Dining Services, Housing Services Center